Shift key freezing laptop!

zenseeker 21:47 03 Jun 09

Could anyone possible help?

I have a brand new Acer Aspire laptop, with Vista Home Premium. It has been working fine for the first few days, but now a fault has developed.

When I hold the shift key in order to select multiple items, my laptop freezes up! It still works for accessing upper case letters etc.

Acer tech support is closed until tomorrow morning, but I was wonndering i anyone had any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks

zenseeker 21:54 03 Jun 09

Correction to above....

It just freezes my cursor whilst they shift key is pressed, but it's fine when I let go.

SOUNDFADER 13:19 04 Jun 09

hi there,
generally this problem is caused by either one of two things, the shift key isnt sitting right on the keyboard thus causing it freeze while pressed, the other could be a faulty contact on the underside contacts of the circuit the keyboard is made up of. either way just get it repaired under warranty this definately isnt a job for the average user...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…