Shields UP

EARLR 15:12 02 Jun 05

As recomended by "VoG" I ran common ports probe. It shows that 2 ports are open, port 23 (telenet)& port 80 (http). Does anyone know what I should do about this?

ACOLYTE 15:33 02 Jun 05

Port 80 will be open when IE is running on the pc as it was because your were doing a check,but it should still be stealthed,Port 23 i think should be closed and stealthed,you may wont to turn you Firewall settings up to High and try the scan again.

EARLR 16:07 02 Jun 05

Not using IE (FIREFOX) Tuirned up firewall to MAX,still fails. ???

woodchip 16:14 02 Jun 05

Have you printer and file sharing activated in networking is so disable it if your computer is not Networked

woodchip 16:19 02 Jun 05

For my Comp Passed.

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

VoG II 16:22 02 Jun 05

Port 80 needs to be open to access the internet.

Port 23 is used by Telnet.

Ideally Shields Up should report that all ports are Stealthed. Do you have an option in your firewall to Stealth ports.

EARLR 16:27 02 Jun 05

Using windows firewall (XP sp2).Cannot find any way to Stealth ports?

VoG II 16:30 02 Jun 05

I recommend that you get Zone Alarm click here and turn the Windows firewall off.

EARLR 16:44 02 Jun 05

Have disabled printer & file sharing , no help. I have an old verson of zone alarm. Do I have to delete it to download the new one ?

VoG II 16:47 02 Jun 05

Yes, uninstall the old Zone Alarm first.

EARLR 16:52 02 Jun 05

Will do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…