shhhhhhh fan.

texasdave 11:44 30 May 03

Hi all,
my PC fan is very loud and i was wondering if you can buy anything to quiet it down. Its just that sometimes i leave it on over night and it is in my bedroom and it gets very annoying. thank you.
dave

SafeHaven 11:47 30 May 03

Buy a nice new 2" paint brush spend a little time to strip down the power supply give it a good clean,if not you can buy a new fan from £3 to whaterver you want to pay.

Djohn 11:58 30 May 03

Don't strip down the PSU as there is still a power charge held inside, even when turned off.

The noise is more likely to be coming from your CPU fan, these are very straightforward to exchange, preferably buy a good one in the price range of £15 to £20 for quality.

If it is the PSU (Power supply) then a new unit can also be purchased for approx. £25 to £35. Safe to fit your self just swap cables from old to new one at a time so you don't get them confused.

All this is done with the power off. Regards. J.

texasdave 12:46 30 May 03

Thanks for the feedback.

My system is only 2 months old. I got it from Dell. Its just that the noise is quite loud. Probably because the processer needs a lot more air....this new one is a 2.4Ghz, my previous PC was 900mhz. So i am probably not used to it. I thought that you could buy something that would cut down on the noise level, something that went behind the fan or something. I saw it somewhere but i cant remember where, i thought it was in PCAdvisor mag, but i cant find it anymore :(.
Cya
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…