shell32.dll Changed. Advice needed

Les T 17:02 30 Oct 05

After running an AVG virus scan not long ago, one of the results read:- C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll Result=Change Status+Changed.
I can't remember if it was like this when i last ran a scan. Is it a problem? If it is , how can i rectify it?

Thanks in advance

cycoze 18:35 30 Oct 05

It`s quite normal for AVG to show shell32.dll as changed, it changes on most folks machines due to the likes of updates, new startups etc, if the scan showed no infection then no problem, you can always run spybot adaware etc as a double check for malware, but i think in this instance your fine.

Les T 18:39 30 Oct 05

Thanks a bunch, it gives you peace of mind for someone else to confirm everything is ok. By the way i have ran Microsoft Antispyware and Adaware and neither of them have picked anything up.

Thanks again

PaulB2005 18:53 30 Oct 05

The info on these files are stored in the AVG7QT.DAT file on each drive.

To monitor the situation delete the file AVG7QT.DAT in the root of all drives and rescan. A new AVG7QT.DAT will be generated and it will show as OK. Then watch to see if it changes again.

Les T 20:10 31 Oct 05

Have carried out your recommendation. Worked a treat.
Thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…