Shell32 error message at start up

Jacques 08:55 23 May 07

Dear Forum

I Have started to receive this message during start up:--

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. THe vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

There is a MS patch for a similar problem but this did not work

The only clue I have is that this problem may have started after a possible auto update from my spam filter Cloudmark( which now does not work) but not sure.

Running XP2 sp2 and using Vista Inspirit but this has not caused a problem before

Hs anybody got any ideas please ?

Jacques

Gongoozler 09:02 23 May 07

I think this may answer your question click here

Jacques 08:00 24 May 07

Thank you Gongoozler for your suggestion

Sadly I have been down that route and have found as all the others have that this MS Patch does nor solve the problem. Another suggestion is to tell XP firewall to accept the program ( in my case snoe.exe ) However this does not work either. I am now dealing with Cloudmark support over this.

We know that this has all been caused by a recent XP security update which has obviously goine wrong. For example even some MS dowloads will not work. The MS clear type being a good example.

However thanks again for the suggestion.

Jacques
PS And NO moderator i do not feel this is a "closed" situation yet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac