Shell stopped unexpectedly (IE6.0)

jordi2 15:15 20 Jun 03

I am getting this message in the Event Viewer of the Microsoft Management Console ?The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted?
Source: Win Logon

I am running Windows XP with SP1 and IE 6.0 I am having problems with IE 6.0 since I bought the computer 1 year ago as it shuts down unexpectedly for no reason, it does not seem to me that the Event Viewer sheds any light about what is wrong.

Anyone can help or has got the same problem? Anyone knows what it means ?The shell stopped unexpectedly? (could it mean IE 6.0 stopped unexpectedly?).

Thanks

spikeychris 15:28 20 Jun 03

What happens when you use the link to the M$ knowledge base?

spikeychris 15:31 20 Jun 03

>> and are you on a network?

jordi2 15:41 20 Jun 03

I am not on a network, in fact I have no internet connexion, and I have never connected my computer to the internet so I can't check that M$link...

spikeychris 15:53 20 Jun 03

Fraid you'll have to run that by me again, how can IE stop working if you have never been on-line?

jordi2 11:08 25 Jun 03

How do you browse your files off-line?

jordi2 11:09 25 Jun 03

If you don't know the answer don't worry, that will mean you don't know what the Events Viewer is neither

spikeychris 11:30 25 Jun 03

mmmmmm

jordi2 17:02 26 Jun 03

Never mind, I have found a website fro programmers anyway, and I am not going to post anyomore in PCAdvisor, the Readership tend to be average user with no prgramming knoledge...You helped me to take the decission.

Thank you, you have been a great help!

spikeychris 21:47 26 Jun 03

Is that your idea of an insult? do me a favour will you..learn to spell first!

BTW > quote "I am not on a network, in fact I have no internet connexion, and I have never connected my computer to the internet so I can't check that M$link..." > end quote.....I doubt I will ever read anything as stupid as that ever again..... !!

BYE

bretsky 17:00 17 Apr 04

Hi jordi2,

Could you please tell me if your problem was ever solved as I now have aquired this problem just like the one you describe.

Have tried all sorts of things, virus scans on and off line to no avail. Please could you point me in the right direction for a remedy

Winxp home ed sp1 on a Dell Dimension 4300

bretsky ;0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…