sheet music from cd

bruno 23:06 07 Apr 03

A friend asked me to ask you....is there a program that enables you to convert the music from a CD into sheet music?

Totally-braindead 00:10 08 Apr 03

No

Peverelli 00:30 08 Apr 03

I might be proved wrong, but I very much doubt it. First of all the program would have to separate all the instruments and vocals into different tracks (anybody know of a program that can do that?). Then it would have to determine the pitch. This is not easy because even if you were to take 1/10th of a second slice of the music, you will find on an analyser the range of pitches go from about 20Hz to 20000Hz (the human singing voice is normally 100-600Hz), due to harmonics etc. So it would be fairly difficult to work out which note was actually being played.
If I am proved wrong, then I'd love to know the program that can do this.

beeuuem 02:12 08 Apr 03

This isn't quite what you want but it is the closest I have been able to find

click here

Peverelli 10:47 08 Apr 03

Good try, but that program only deals with midi files - which is a totally different thing. In fact most midi programs will lay out the score for you, at least on the screen.

beeuuem 11:00 08 Apr 03

I spoke, as ever, from the depths of ignorance.
Whatever else I may be, nobody has ever accused me of being musical!

Peverelli 13:25 08 Apr 03

:O)

bruno 21:45 08 Apr 03

Thank you all for your posts.At least I can tell him I tried!

canard 23:16 08 Apr 03

This will convert midi files into sheet music and is quite easy to use after a bit of fiddling.Some startling notation turns up but all can be adjusted. However the resultant sheet music is not so easy to read as bought music.
C:\my downloads\Notation Software, Inc\MidiNotate features.htm
Cant help with a WAV file converter.

canard 23:18 08 Apr 03

Drat the link came out wrong and anyway it's already on the list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…