Sharp TV

GeeKay+Dee 21:43 08 Mar 03

I've locked myself out of my TV due to someone changing my 4 digit code (0000-9999). As I don't now know the new 4 digit code I was wondereing if anyone out there knew how to reset this code. Short of this I will have to put in every single possible code (very time consuming). Thanks in advance for any help and I'll then be able to tune in my new DVD!! Cheers.

MAJ 22:07 08 Mar 03

You could try some of these codes first, until someone whoa knows how to reset it comes along.click here Enter your TV's manufacturer in the field provided. You never know it might work.

Installer. 22:45 08 Mar 03

Just connect your dvd witha scart lead, no tuning.

hugh-265156 22:58 08 Mar 03

what model of sharp tv?

GeeKay+Dee 23:26 08 Mar 03

SHARP 51 AT -15H

hugh-265156 01:02 09 Mar 03

tried to find on sharps website and not listed.when you switch on can you not view any channel?some tvs have a ch.lock is what you mean?if its the sky remote best advice i can give is to take out the batteries in the remote for a min or so then try.is have you lost the manual?

GeeKay+Dee 13:18 09 Mar 03

The Tv works fine. Problem is that I can't retune any of the channels which gives me a problem when wishing to tune in my DVD.Also can't tune in new VCR or use TV for playstation. Sharp were looking for £40 to reset for a job that they say takes a second to fix. Wouldn't mind that if it was to keep a warranty valid but the tv's over 7 yrs old! That is why I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to reset it.

hugh-265156 14:00 09 Mar 03

the only thing i can suggest as installer above says is to use a scart connection for dvd/ps2/video and then just hit the av button to view.no tuning required.some tvs even switch to av automaticaly when the dvd is switched on. you only need to tune if you connect devices via the rf socket and this will give you the lowest quality picture.did you get scarts with the dvd and new video?ps2 connects to scart via a composite to scart adapter supplied.even though you say the tv is seven years old it should have at least one scart on the back.

GeeKay+Dee 14:15 09 Mar 03

The TV has one scart connection.If I have only one connection on the TV then will I be able to get a scart cable which connects both the video and DVD? The ps is a mk1.

Cordy13 14:21 09 Mar 03

You can get multi-scart adaptors just like extensions for using several electrical appliances from one outlet.

hugh-265156 15:11 09 Mar 03

as Cordy13 says buy a multi scart switchbox.can be bought from any good electrical store.run this to the tv and plug all the scarts into the box.just need to flick a switch to change the device.psone scart leads can be bought from virgin/game/woolies etc and will also fit ps2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…