Sharp Digital Recorder

NickSomerset 20:26 13 Nov 13

Hi, I have a TU-TV502H Sharp Digital Recorder, it has decided, as from 2330 tonight, not to give me any program info, has cancelled all my series links & looks to be giving up on life. Can anyone tell me please, what's going on. PS, we have had this unit for several years, it has about 60% free space on the hard drive, so this is not making any sense.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:29 13 Nov 13

Have you tried a retune from the first setup menu?

Once you get the TV guide back you will need to rest your recordings nd series links.

NickSomerset 20:48 13 Nov 13

Hi, yes have retuned, programs are all there but no tv guide info is showing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:11 13 Nov 13

Not just a retune but a new install

woodchip 21:25 13 Nov 13

Try Format the Drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:48 13 Nov 13

formatting the drive will not bring back the program guide and will lose you recordings.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:50 14 Nov 13

Not sure if this is for your box but worth a try

Factory Reset

• Press the menu button.

• Scroll down to set-up and press OK.

• Scroll down to help and press OK.

• In the help menu press the green button.

• Press the red button for Factory Defaults.

• Press the green button to continue.

• The PVR will now reboot and come back on automatically.

• Once the PVR comes back on please follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.

• Note that depending on when you perform this procedure it may take 48 hours for your TV Favourites programme downloads to recommence.

NickSomerset 15:28 14 Nov 13

Many thanks for everyone help, finaly resorted to the old Sky call centre trick & just unplugged everything, plugged it all back in & its sorted. Me thinks there was a dry joint somewhere, we may never know. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…