Sharp Aquos - Major Problem HELP

midfieldgeneral1 20:28 22 Jun 09

i HAVE A SHARP AQUOS LC-37GD8E TV, WE TRIED TO CONNECT A SONY PS3 , BUT IT IS JUMPING FROM CHANNELS TO CHANNELS AND EXT TO EXT, THEN RUN THROUGH TELETEXT AND THEN MENU. AND THEN START ALL OVER AGAIN. EVEN WHEN NOT CONNECTED TO THE PC, SO UNABLE TO WATCH ANYTHING. THERE IS ALSO NO RESET TO FACTORY SETTING BUTTON. CAN YOU HELP?

PLEASE ...THANKS

MAT ALAN 20:43 22 Jun 09

Caps is considered shouting here, it is also difficult to read...

what cables are you using, are they plugged into the right sockets...

this is what should happen

Using your OLD RCA 3 wire connection, you can access the PS3 menu and set it to either 720P or 1080i AND Turn on the HDMI output in the Video Resolution Page.
Then switch over to the HDMI connection....

MAT ALAN 20:46 22 Jun 09

click here

similar prob, it may help...

midfieldgeneral1 20:57 22 Jun 09

Apologies regarding CAPS first time poster :-)

I dont have a HDMI cable and now wish i would have purchased one, i have connected the PS3 using the AV Cable (red / white / yellow) and directly sourced it into my tv.

Problem is now that the channels and EXT wont stop skipping.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer and any given thus far .

MAT ALAN 21:02 22 Jun 09

A fair test at this point would be to try your PS3 connected to another TV just to eliminate a possible problem with either...

midfieldgeneral1 21:11 22 Jun 09

The PS3 works fine with a portable Television, my major concern is now that the tv still constantly flicks between ext'sand i cant seem to stop this ?

Other threads have indicated similar problems but i cant seem to see an answer and they all seem linked to this specific TV and in relation to the fact its HD ready?

thanks

MAT ALAN 22:10 22 Jun 09

THERE IS ALSO NO RESET TO FACTORY SETTING BUTTON

there should be a reset entry in the picture and audio menus you may need to switch to digital to see them...

a reset if you can, may help...

Zeppelyn 14:42 23 Jun 09

If its the same as my Sharp Aquos then press the menu button then set up then general set up, theres an option there to factory reset.

johnnyrocker 20:27 23 Jun 09

if new then back it for a replacement?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced