sharing windows media player files

frostypug 17:42 05 Jul 10

I am trying to access my music folder from a binatone IR804 wi fi internet radio. When I try to change the settings on media player > library > share media and tick the share media box > and apply I get this message
"Media sharing is currently disabled,either because the sharing service is not running or your firewall settings have changed. To restart sharing, you must confirm your sharing settings"
How do you do this please, I have tried what I thought was the right thing but I cannot get the name of the radio to show on the pc
I am running Windows Vista on an Acer Aspire pc

daureluc 19:43 05 Jul 10

Hi,

Simply go on start and control panel and on the top box search for sharing center. There you can access you sharing options and set it so that your media files can be shared on the network.

Window media player has just let you know that it does not have the authorization to share yet and that you must allow this in your control panel

for more computer help click here

frostypug 19:54 05 Jul 10

Thanks for that but I had done that before, its more a case of the pc cannot see the radio wirelessly.
according to the radio manual the pc should be able to see it and show it in the wireless connections window

frostypug 19:58 05 Jul 10

It is not showing in device manager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…