Sharing Tab has dissapeared in properties in Win98

anjocoy 15:29 05 May 05

I am trying to share files & a printer attached to a Win98 computer with a WinXP-Pro PC through a Belkin ADSL wireless modem/router. Both PC's are connected by hard cables to the router & both PC's can surf the net.

The Win98 PC can see the files on the XP PC but the XP PC can't see the files on the Win98 PC.

Basically I need to enable the folders & printer on the Win98 PC to share. But when I right click properties, where the sharing tab should be, it is not there.

I have no idea where or why this sharing tab has gone. I did manage to do this earlier on this year with a laptop, but that got stolen so I disabled it all again. Now I'm trying again with a desktop XP PC and this is the problem I am having.

Any ideas as to the where abouts of my sharing tabs?

mgmcc 16:41 05 May 05

In the Win 98 PC's Network Properties, is "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" installed and ticked?

Also, if you click the File and Printer sharing button, are both of the boxes ticked?

anjocoy 16:44 05 May 05

Yes all installed and ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…