Sharing printers and files on home networks

seagulls 18:17 12 May 04

Successfully set up wireless network today but now having problems sharing printer and files and programmes. Have followed the advice in the articles in Microsoft Help and the printer seem to be configured ok for sharing but will not print from the remote pc.

Any ideas and after setting up shared folders on the host pc, how do I access these from the remote PC? In particular I want to be able to play Real Arcade games on the remote pc that are installed on the host pc.

steven_frost 18:35 12 May 04

Which OS you using

roy 18:40 12 May 04

I found that I had to instal the printer's drivers on the pc remote from the printer (ie on both pc's).
Have you done this?

seagulls 19:07 12 May 04

Steven - Windows XP Home

Roy - Printer was already set up on the remote pc as the host PC was a new one so drivers etc should be on both

mgmcc 19:43 12 May 04

If the network is running properly, the 'client' PC should see the printer on the 'host' PC in "My Network Places".

Double clicking the icon for the printer on the remote PC, should install it as a "network" printer so that the 'client' PC then has the printer installed twice - (a) as a locally installed printer and (b) as a network printer. Right clicking the "network" printer and selecting Properties should let you print a test page over the network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…