Sharing Printer via Vista & Wireless

Dirty Dick 23:04 04 Apr 07

have a Laptop running Vista and I want tos share a printer on my network. My Desktop PC , running XP, has a Epson 1290 printer connected via cable. The network is connected via a Netgear DG834 wireles router. When I try to add the Epson Printer, it says that I will have to install printer drivers, I click on to install the drivers, but it says that it cannot find the 'printer monitor'. I have installed another printer and that is ok. I have looked at the Epsom website, to install the drivers for Vista, but it says that the Operating System already has the drivers installed. Can anybody help?

Thanx

DD

pezzz 13:19 15 Apr 07

I have eventualy found a way to share the printer on XP to Vista using various tips from posts.

- Connect, install and share printer on XP

- On Vista PC, In Printers Click "Add Printer" - Local Printer on LPT1 and install to there.

- Right click on printer icon, go to Properties, Ports, Add port - New port - "\\XPComputerName\XPPrinterName"

I sent this to Epson earlier in reply to an email from their tech team which sent me to Microsoft for a whole lot of dribble not really related.

Hope this helps.

Dirty Dick 22:13 15 Apr 07

I had my nephew online, and he connected to my Laptop remotely. Apparantely he disabled the UAC (User Account Control)and managed to get the printer to work, via wireless

When I find out EXACTLY what he did, I;ll post it here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…