Sharing a printer - I can`t find it !!!!

bubbles2 16:11 10 Sep 03

I have recently set up my wireless network between 1 PC and 1 ibook,I can access all the shared documents etc but cannot share the printer.

I have followed all the instruction regarding sharing the printer on the PC (XP) and have enabled sharing etc.

I cannot work out how to add the printer which is connected to the PC to my ibook - I have followed the add printer instructions but it doesn`t show up.

I know I must be overlooking something but being new to all this don`t really have a clue where to start.

I know the printer is set up for my ibook as i can connect it via usb and it works perfectly.

So any ideas ??? very simple terms please.

Thanks

bubbles2 17:34 10 Sep 03

The printer is definately compatible as I can connect it by USB and print things off.
I was under the impression that I could just share the printer.Where would the print server be connected to - the printer or the router.

Like I said this is all new to me :)

bubbles2 20:23 10 Sep 03

Beta

Thanks for that link - that will give me something to read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…