sharing printer how please?

johnnyrocker 20:23 22 Aug 05

i have also posted in network forum but believe it may also be ok here.

am usually able to help my family out but networking is not my forte.she has the following and wants to configure to share a printer, any help gratefully received.
Desk top: Dell 4100 Series Pentium 3 Processor at 933MHz. Operating System: Windows XP. Laptop: Hewlett Packard Notebook Series. Operating System: Windows XP.

stalion 20:32 22 Aug 05
  Stuartli 20:35 22 Aug 05

If you go to Start>Setttings>Printers and Faxes>Printer Properties you find a Sharing tab.

johnnyrocker 20:37 22 Aug 05

cheers have sent it on to them to see if it helps but she is not very pc literate so may not be of use.

johnnyrocker 20:39 22 Aug 05

thanks but as far as i am aware computers are not as yet networked so would that apply.?

Stuartli 20:41 22 Aug 05

You will also find comprehensive help on this subject - and virtually anything in fact to do with XP - in the Help and Support pages from the Start menu.

All Microsoft programs and applications include extensive Help advice and assistance.

stalion 20:42 22 Aug 05

this is probably a better guide for your family
click here

Stuartli 20:43 22 Aug 05

You can still share the printer - look up Printer Sharing in Help and Support.

johnnyrocker 20:46 22 Aug 05

well to be honest she wrote to me because she was having trouble understanding the instructions folks and 8000 miles is hardly a bus ride to go fix.

MINKS 22:30 22 Aug 05

I too was having problems sharing a printer. Your link was an excellent step by step guide which highlighted a small procedure I was missing.

woodchip 22:38 22 Aug 05

Unless they are far appart then a auto Switch box, will do the Job with extra cables

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…