Sharing a Printer Accross a Network

nikeshlad 16:38 26 Dec 04

I have home netowrk which is used to share an internet connection (through a router) and i also am able to share files between the connected computers. I would like to now share a printer which is connected to one of the pcs in the network. I am using windows XP and a 3com Wirless router with a an epson R200 printer. Can anyone please help??

whybe 20:37 26 Dec 04

Although I am not an expert on this as my printer sharing was a bit of trial and error, this may help you get started and possibly allow another to pick up the thread. First you need to make your printer available to your network. In printers and faxes, right click on your printer icon and click sharing, click the sharing tab and click on share this printer.Reboot the printer PC. Then with your printer PC and printer switched on go to your other network PC's and for each carry out the following. Again in printer and faxes, click add printer a wizard will start, on type of connection choose Network printer, next, click second option down, Connect to this printer (or browse.....), click next. On this screen you should get an options list in a box with Microsoft Windows Network at the top followed underneath by the name of your network eg MSHOME or WORKGROUP, It may also show the PCs connected to your network, if it does double click on the PC with the printer attached and your printer name should appear below. Double click on it and the wizard will configure the PC to use that printer. I meant to add if the printer PC is not showing double click on your network name and then follow the above.Hope this will help. W

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…