Sharing Printer

ennyoueffsea 23:21 26 Nov 04

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help please. Currently have my pc (running Me) connected to my partner's pc (running XP) via a crossover cable, sharing the broadband connection, using ICS. My pc (Me) is the host and partner's (XP) is the client. The internet connection works fine, but we would like to share a printer, and a couple of folders between the two pc's.
Can anyone advise what settings would be required on both pc's please? So far, i've simply set My Documents and the printer on my pc to share, (showing the hand below the icon). But not too sure what else to do next.
So far on the client pc (XP) we've gone into Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes, and clicked onto "Add A Printer", then selected "A Network Printer, Or A Printer Attached To Another Computer", then "Browse For A Printer". at that point though, I only have one choice in the dialogue box, showing "Microsoft Windows Network" (not seeing the host Me pc) but when I click "Next" I'm getting a message stating I need to specify a valid network printer name. Can you suggest a next move at all please? Will the XP pc need the printer drivers installed on there also?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

AndySD 00:33 27 Nov 04

click here make sure File and Printer sharing is on both PC's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…