Sharing Network drives and folders

silliw 16:51 02 Feb 03

I have networked my laptop and destop machines. For some reason I have access to the laptop from the desktop but cannot gain access to the desktop from the laptop. The folders are displayed as network places but I am told i do not have permissions for the drive.

Both machines are using simple file sharing, both are NTFS, the desktop clearly has sharing on the drive and folders in explorer.

Can anyone help please.

Pilch.... 17:08 02 Feb 03

any firewall's?

they can block it

silliw 17:26 02 Feb 03

yes -norton, but i've granted access to both IP addresses. I can see the laptop so norton is letting the dektop thru, and I can use the internet connection on the desktop from the laptop so norton must be letting the laptop thru, but still i cant get access to the desktop drive.

However I've just noticed that I do have access to the DVD/CDRW combo on the desktop so it must be something to do with either the sharing on Desktop c: or permissions to c:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…