//some 3rd party need geo

Sharing my WinTV...

Boffin Boy 19:21 24 Jul 05

Hello,
In my main computer (running Windows XP PRO) I have a WinTV card installed. This is all well and good, however I would like to be able to run the TV through my secondary computer (which is on the network WIRED and running Windows XP PRO) AND be able to use my main computer. Is there anyway to do this by sharing the hardware etc? or will I just have to either leave computer 2 without TV.

Thanks in advance,
The Boff.

Boffin Boy 21:07 24 Jul 05

Any help?

De Marcus™ 21:57 24 Jul 05

I don't think you can, at least not without digging far too deeply into your pockets. It'd be much easier and cheaper to buy another tv card.

Boffin Boy 22:11 24 Jul 05

Thanks, that's exactly as I may have thought!
Oh well, I think that it may be of more use in my second computer anyway.

Thanks again though.

John-259217 02:22 25 Jul 05

One way that might be possible would be to set up your main computer as a streaming media server.

Using the tv card as the source, data would be encoded and streamed across your lan in the same way you watch web-tv type broadcasts on the internet.

I`ve no idea what the quality would be like or what load it would place on the main pc (quite a lot I`d expect to encode a video stream).

Making it all work could take some patience as well but here`s a link click here to some free software that may do it.

Out of interest I`m going to give it a go.

I`ve tried accessing the main pc using remote desktop, then running the tv application before with limited success. Sound is available but not picture.

Given the price of a tv card these days De Marcus™ is probably right to say it would be easier and cheaper to buy another one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…