Sharing monitor between 2 p.c.'s

HighTower 15:34 23 Jul 03

I wish to have two pc's sharing one monitor. One of the pc's is a workstation, the other acts purely as a server to the network and is very rarely touched. I am not bothered about keyboard or mouse sharing, just monitor.

I have previously used a data switch which basically works by turning the dial from a to b to switch displays but have found that there is a loss of quality, and there is considerable blur around icons and windows. I need a switch with no drop in sharpness of display.

Does anyone have any experience of a good video switch, how much was it and where did you get it from?

mrdsgs 16:14 23 Jul 03

there are lots of makes, belkin is probably the best known, but you will find it cheaper to get a 2 port belkin omnicube kvm switch on ebay and only connect the monitors, but you could easily share the keyboard and mouse as well.

they usually sell for £20.00 or so. You may need 2 additional monitor cables (pc to kvm switch)for about £5.00 each, a bit more if you want ps2 as well to share k and m as well.

image quality remains perfect and i have 2 x 4 port kvm switches with 8 pcs and then split to two separate k v and m's with a reverse kvm setup.

image is still perfect on CRT and TFT.

HighTower 09:17 24 Jul 03

Thanks for that,

I've taken the advice and ordered a Belkin from Dabs, including all the cables. It's not the omnicube but is a new model with cables all included for 30 quid.

The main concern was image quality, but if you've had no problems I would guess that I'd be OK too.

Thanks for your advice.

HighTower 13:55 25 Jul 03

Thanks for your comments.

The Belkin KVM arrived today, is installed and works perfectly.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…