Sharing Internet History

alexgray104 17:01 26 Nov 06

Hi,

I have a desktop pc and laptop. The desktop is for my son and I have setup a wireless internet link and file / printer sharing. I'd quite like to see what he get's up to on the internet so I want to share the "history" folder. I went into temporary internet folder on the desktop and made it all shared. I can now access the History folder on my laptop. The trouble is, it doesn't view right. On the desktop it gives me the days eg mon, tues and in there it gives the websites visited. On the laptop all I get is:
History.IE5 and then 3 MSHIST38274820....
Inside these three folders is a index file which is in the DAT format.
Any ideas on how to get it showing correctly on the laptop??
Cheers. :)

alexgray104 20:09 26 Nov 06

bump

VoG II 20:24 26 Nov 06

I don't think that this is possible and I don't think that you should be attempting it. I don't want to give you a lecture on parenting but whatever you put in place will be defeatable (not a word, I know). Trust your son, in a few years he will thank you for it.

alexgray104 17:01 27 Nov 06

I know eventually he will have the knowledge to clear the internet history or whatever, but for now I'd quite like to see what he's going on. If I can't share the history folder is there another way to see the websites visited??
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…