Sharing Individual Files in Vista

jonhind 19:27 29 Mar 08

Hi all,

Please can someone help me.

I am trying to share individual files on my home network using a vista home laptop and an xp desktop.

When I choose to share an individual file it is not visible on my other computers nor is it in the files shared by me folder.

I can share fine using the public folder.

In my network places on my desktop I have a file for users on my laptop but when I open it it only displays a public folder and a default folder which is a faint colour non of which contain the individual folders I chose to share using the right click option.

Also to note when choosing to share a folder the users only displays users on the laptop, so I changed the username on my desktop to the same as the laptop and also tried to share with everyone and still no the joy.

FYI password protection sharing is off file and print sharing on and firwall exeptions all sorted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

STREETWORK 21:49 29 Mar 08

Make a new folder in 'my documents' call it something like 'shared files'.

Right click it and select properties, then sharing tab. now select allow other to share this folder option.

Now try and select this folder from the network. Copy any data to this folder that you want to allow others to see and use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…