Sharing folder problems between 2 pc's

ginjaninja 22:06 04 Apr 07

Hi,
Myself & a colleague are trying to share folders using our wireless modem. (It's a Phillips SNA6500, I'm running XP Pro, service pack 2. He's using XP Home & the modem is connected to his via ethernet cable).
I can see his folder and access it, but he can't see my machine or folders. I've gone through many websites & help pages and done what they say, but for some reason, he can't see my laptop.
When I use my laptop elsewhere I have no problems doing the same thing with other pc's. We can swap files fine. It only seems to be at home.
Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? Or let me know if you need more info.
Thanks
Jon

mocha 22:30 04 Apr 07

Have you a Firewall installed on your computer and if so is it's IP addresses (Home Network) configured to his router/machine.

ginjaninja 22:41 04 Apr 07

I have Windows firewall on my laptop, but not sure about it's IP address being configured on his side.
Sorry if this sounds naive, how would I check my IP address and if it's configured?

moorie- 06:26 05 Apr 07

heres a useful troubleshooter link

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…