Sharing folder online with bro, how?

Mysticnas 19:04 02 Jan 04

hiya...

Hiya, My bro's got some DV clips he want's me to edit for him. However, we live a distance apart and posting is not an option. Is there a way for him to allow me to see and download files from his shared folder?

We both have XPpro and fast broadband connections. he uses Pipex, and i NTL. He has zonealarm firewall and Netgear hardware (modem and router) which has builtin hardware firewall.

I have Norton personal firewall.

Thanks in advance.

Msn or anything like that?

Or perhap's another option would be to get some web space....

Sir Radfordin 19:12 02 Jan 04

Without setting up a VPN then my guess is you would need to get your brother to set up an FTP server on his machine so you can download them from it. If the files are very big this could take some time. If they aren't massive then you could get him to email them to you - I doubt this will be viable though. How big a file are we talling about?

Mysticnas 19:19 02 Jan 04

about 4 to 5 DV taps worth, i'd say at least 7gbish...

but staying online isn't a problem, we both got fast net connections.

cream. 19:25 02 Jan 04

Not sure about this but isn't remote desktop a possibility.

click here

I am not sure, but think you should be able to grab what files you need. Especially with a broadband connection. Look in control panel - system - remote.

cream. 19:26 02 Jan 04

Flip an heck. Didn't see the size of THEM files.lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…