Sharing files over wireless

vandango 14:47 28 Jan 07

I have a desktop and laptop connected to a wireless router and are wanting to share files stored on the desktop.

I have run network wizards but they don't seem to work. Can someone please offer some advice or instructions?

Thanks

howard64 15:08 28 Jan 07

it is probably firewalls blocking - make sure both pcs are on the same workgroup I use mshome. Then go to each pc in turn and and right click on network places and properties. Then locate your network wireless device and right click and properties. Then select the line with tcp/ip and highlight it then properties. Click in use this network address and enter something like 192 168 0 2 [then 3 on the next pc] and sub mask of 255 255 255 0 on each. Check the network address of your router normally on the label on the bottom.[192 168 0 1] Your IP addresses must be in the same range as this. Then go to the firewall of the other pc and enter the IP address of the first pc in its trusted zone and repeat for the other one. All should now work as long as you have shared the hard drives of the pcs.

vandango 15:38 28 Jan 07

Thanks Howard, that worked a treat. Although It won't let me play mp3's etc stored on the other computer. Says i don't have permission?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…