Sharing files with the family

Teddington 15:21 23 Jul 03

I want to be able to send my family (who live up and down the country and who all have broadband)files that are big!!
In the main they are video clips, photos or powerpoint presentaions. The files can be a couple of megs to 60-70megs.

Is there a way I can do this? Email has a restriction on attachment size. Yahoo and MSN messenger have size restrictions.

I only need to send them to a few people not 10 or 100.

Am I being unrealistic?

Teddington 15:50 23 Jul 03

thats the answer but how do i find out how to do that??

Teddington 16:22 23 Jul 03

i am xp home but the others vary from 98, ME, XP and mac

canard 19:12 23 Jul 03

click here It is very quick and easy to make a website with the tools provided. Then you can upload your pics and email the webaddress to your famly so they can access them.

Teddington 19:20 23 Jul 03

but surley the problem is web space ie I may get 30mb but thats no good for a 70mb file

Teddington 20:45 23 Jul 03

yep that right and i have just downloaded the software ready to give it ago. Now i have to try and explain to my sister how she gets the files!!!

Teddington 20:51 23 Jul 03

does it matter that i have a wireless router conected to my ntl set top box to gain access to the web? with respect to IP address and I have no fire wall!

Tim1964 21:16 23 Jul 03

If you are going to set up your home PC as a server then a firewall is a must.
There are loads of free ones and Zonealarm from click here seems very popular and easy to use (it would have to be as I use it!)

Good luck

Teddington 21:19 23 Jul 03

sorry a bit of the thread but the firewall issue. I thought if you had a router then a firewall was not needed (its a netgear wirless router MR314)
I hope that is the case anyway!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…