Sharing files between 2 PC's on a wireless network

Geordie Al 14:31 01 Dec 06

I have 2 PC's running XP. One (mine) is connected via a cable to a lynksys ADSL gateway on broadband, the other PC has a lynksys USB wireless adaptor and connects to the internet perfectly through the wireless connection.
I now want to be able to access (to share files) the PC on the usb adaptor from my PC. I have given both PC's a different name and allocated them with the same workgroup name (Home). From the other PC I can see mine when I go into "view workgroup computors", but when I try do do the same from my PC I get an error message saying "home" is not accessible and I might not have permission to use this network resource. I tried running the network wizard on my PC but it cocked up my internet connection so IE would not connect to the internet(I have played around and somehow got it woking again).

Could anyone provide me with an idiots guide to how to solve this problem.

Many thanks,

Allan

mgmcc 21:32 01 Dec 06

Make sure you have at least one folder set as "shared" in each PC and that any firewall software is properly configured to allow access to the networked computers, which may involve adding their IP addresses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac