Sharing Emails

isee 21:21 28 Jun 03

Can anyone please tell me how to get Microsoft Outlook to share Outlook Express`s store folder.

Gaz 25 21:25 28 Jun 03

Not sure of a way.

Maybe a Exchange server? Expensive.

Anyone else here know?

Unless you share it manually, if you can find it?

jazzypop 21:46 28 Jun 03

Which version(s) of Outlook and Outlook Express?

How do you intend to share them - both programs on a single PC, both programs to access the other's information? Or Outlook on one PC, and OE on another PC?

What information do you want to share between them - contacts/addresses, emails,?

Is this a one-off operation, i.e. do you want to export from OE to Outlook, then carry on using Outlook and not use OE anymore - or do you want a fairly continuous synchronisation, because you want to continue using both programs.

isee 19:57 05 Jul 03

I want to continue using both programs and have them share one email folder.

Some serious registry hacking is needed for this as both Outlook and Outlook express are two completely different programs that share similar features but do so in an entirely different way.

You will have to get outlook to point to OE for its own store folder and to place all emails in there as well as making sure all associated features of Outlook (such as archiving and backup, import and export etc) all know where this particular folder is. You would also have to organise it in a way so that no confilcts arose.

As Outlook can do all of the tasks of Outlook Express (Express meaning a cut down version) and more besides, I fail to see why you would want to do this int he first place.

If you merely wish to allow Outlook express to download the same emails as Outlook on certain accounts, then Open the email account properties and set the "leave messages on server" option to a certain number of days. Outlook will download them only once and leave them there. OE will then download them when you next connect with that program.

DieSse 21:27 05 Jul 03

Just to make it crystal clear - Outlook and Outlook Express cannot share a store folder, as they store their emails on totally different ways - that's totally different types of files(not just different places).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…