sharing confidential info in an Excel Workbook

Mark-335400 12:55 07 Nov 03

I have created an excel workbook with 4 individual worksheets. The information on 3 of the sheets is confidential and the 4th sheet is basically a summary of the 3 and doesnt contain any of the confidential info and therefore is "safe" for others to view. The workbook is password protected for both opening and changing. What I want to do is allow another person to view the contents of sheet 4 (summary) but not the others. I have tried linking and pasting this sheet to another another workbook but when you try and open this "seperate 2nd" workbook it says that to update this sheet you will have to enter the password from the original source file. Any suggestions ...Please

Mark-335400 15:36 07 Nov 03

refresh

Sir Radfordin 17:07 07 Nov 03

You could hide the sheets and then protect the workbook. Its not very secure but there is nothing you can do about that.

VoG II 17:30 07 Nov 03

You could make the "secret" sheets invisible to the average user.

ALT+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor, Insert/Module. Then Paste in the following 3 lines of code:

Sub HideMe

ActiveSheet.Visible = XLVeryHidden

End Sub

Close the VB Editor.

Select each of the "secret" sheets in turn and Tools/Macro/Macros, highlight HideMe and click Run.

Then re-open the VBE and delete the module from the File menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…