Sharing computer speakers with DVD player.

bda72 02:10 30 Mar 03

Just wondering if this is possible, I am moving house soon and will have to put the computer in the lounge and as my DVD player will be there to I was wondering if it was possible to share the speakers with the computer. My computer has 5.1 surround sound though a creative SB Live sound card and cambidge sound works 5.1 speakers and my DVD player supports 5.1 surround sound but needs an external decoder, is it possible for the computer to do this?

I am not sure if it is possible to do it this way or if maybe if I was to instead buy speakers with an external decoder and then run everything though that it might work.

As you might of guessed I have no idea and any help would be gratefully recieved.

Barry.

hugh-265156 02:28 30 Mar 03

possabily what model of speakers ond sound card etc?

hugh-265156 02:29 30 Mar 03

and

bda72 11:22 30 Mar 03

Creative sound blaster Live 5.1 sound card.

Cambridge soundworks DTT2200 5.1 speakers (no external decoder)

It will only be possible to get the DVD players sound converted to 5.1 if the computer decodes it, is this possible.

Many thanks.

A15 12:59 30 Mar 03

I have a SB Live! & Cabridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT2500 & the speaker set up has a spdif in, so I connect my DVD to spdif in & the computer to analog surround in. this set up works great for me & I get surround sound from both set ups without having to continually change cables. I don't know how the DTT2200 compares but I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…