Sharing a Broadband connection.

RickyBlade 09:36 21 Mar 03

Can anybody help me. i currently have a desktop PC connected to NTL Broadband. i would also like to use my laptop on this connection at the same time, is this possible? if it is i would prefer it to be wireless to allow me to use the laptop in any room in the house. and finally could anybody point me in the right direction to what/where hardware i need to buy.

Many thanks in advance

Richie

medicine hat 10:04 21 Mar 03

Wireless networking to share your BB connection is a very sensible way to allow your laptop internet access and it is (in theory) relatively simple. Just install the wireless adapters, turn on Internet Connection Sharing on your desktop and run the Network Wizard on both PCs.

However, there may be some manual adjustments required and these are explained well by a click here

As for kit, click here for some good equipment. Just use a USB adapter on the desktop and a pcmcia adapter in your laptop.

Any problem just post back here.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…