sharing broadband connection

kumarisblue 10:22 06 Oct 05

does anyone know how to share a broadband connection between users on xp home? I have an administrators account and would like to set up limited accounts for the kids to use but when i create them and there is no internet access icon created with the account. How do i share the dial up connection between accounts???!! Any ideas....thanks!

johnnyrocker 10:26 06 Oct 05

go into the properties of the dial up and i think it is in the advanced tab tick all users share this connection or else create a new dial up in all profiles.

johnny.

SANTOS7 10:29 06 Oct 05

When the connect interface comes up select "anyone who uses this computer" as opposed to "Me only"

kumarisblue 10:34 06 Oct 05

Have tried both and dont have any of the options suggested available to me! Any other ideas? Thanks

freaky 10:52 06 Oct 05

Suggest you post this topic in the Network Forum as it is specific for this purpose.

Also have a look through the posts on there, you may find the answer to your query.

MAJ 10:57 06 Oct 05

If you don't have an icon on your desktop that you use to connect to the internet, then go to Start > Settings > Network Connections, or, Control Panel > Network Connections and right-click on your internet connection icon and choose to create a shortcut, (it will be placed on your desktop). When you doubleclick on that shortcut you will see a dialog box like the one I have shown below (although this is for Tiscali, yours will be similar). Then as SANTOS7 has said, "select "anyone who uses this computer" as opposed to "Me only"". Then when your other users are in their own account, they should be able to connect by opening Internet Explorer, where they will be prompted to "Connect", if the connection is set as Default and you have chosen the "Always dial my default connection" option in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…