Sharing Broadband

susiepops 14:37 04 Jun 03

I have two computers at home and both use WindowsXP. I have a broadband connection and would like to link the computers so that they can share the connection. (If in doing so it will also enable sharing of printer and scanner so much the better although the main enquiry relates to broadband) I am looking for a wireless connection.

You will have gathered that I am a novice when it comes to hardware and solutions so I would be most grateful if someone could initiate me by letting me know exactly what equipment I shall need and, even better, if they could explain how to install.

In anticipation and many thanks in advance

MartinT-B 14:49 04 Jun 03

You can network them together using a crossover cable. One PC acts as a server/gateway to the internet and must be on if the other wants to access the internet.

Alternatively, if you have an external modem (as I do) then go via a router if you can afford one. They're not too expensive and you can add laptops and other PCs later if you need to.

We have 2 desktops, we now have 3 desktops and 2 laptops all via the router.

We just plug the PC into the router and XP does the rest.

MartinT-B 14:51 04 Jun 03

we HAD 2 desktops - now we have....

Grammar LOL

Rayuk 18:41 04 Jun 03

Only help I can give you is to point you in this direction
click here

susiepops 19:19 04 Jun 03

Thanks folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…