Sharing Broadband

NEW USER 121 20:03 25 Apr 03

We have two computers and one has broadband connected. What will we need to but to share the broadband connection? We both have ethernet cards. Also,as only one computer has a cd/DVD reader/writer when we share broadband connection will both users be able to burn cd,s? Very novice and new users so please try to be basic! Many Thanks!

snoresloudly 20:51 25 Apr 03

What windows are you running?? have you already got a network setup? under win Me it is a simple job to connect both pcs using cable connection, then once the network is working you will need to run internet connection sharing. You can both share files/printer b/band etc so I dont see why you cannot share the burner. may be differant under XP no doubt someone with first hand exp of xp will be along

PSF 20:53 25 Apr 03

If you use a router you can connect both pc's to the broadband connection.You can then use them at same time or independently.
I use a Netgear router for my network. click here It also is a network switch and so transferring files or sharing printers etc is easy.

I also have an X Box now connected to the router which runs at the same time the pc's are used.

click here
click here
click here
For more networking info...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…