Shareware Slowness..

BaboonBoy22 15:30 24 Jan 06

Does anyone notice a general 'slowness' to their system when a shareware program eg. warez, limewire, kazaa etc. is installed?
I've recently built this super fast machine, and I feel I'm not getting as much as I thought I would out of it, ever since I installed this program. Any suggestions as to how I can improve this would be greatly appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:39 24 Jan 06

'Does anyone notice a general 'slowness' to their system when a shareware program eg. warez, limewire, kazaa etc. is installed?'...these are not 'shareware' programmes. They are genrerally used for downloading copyright material and they are not the quickest of loader programmes. OTOH you could have got a virus from downloading something.

G

PaulB2005 15:58 24 Jan 06

"Any suggestions as to how I can improve this would be greatly appreciated."

Don't install "warez, limewire, kazaa etc."

Totally-braindead 16:07 24 Jan 06

Have to agree with the others, kazaa in particular has a really bad reputation. One warning about removing kazaa, and this depends on which version you have, when you remove it it can really screw things up, mate had it on his, deleted it and it mucked everything up, must have taken bits out of just about every other program on his computer with it, including windows. You might be better formatting and reinstalling from scratch. The other programs you mention I'm not really sure about, did have limewire on the computer some time ago and that disn't cause me any problems but warez, not a clue.

midnight_caller 17:22 24 Jan 06

run a series of spyware removal progs. also malware etc. these can be found free of charge.
P2P software like the ones you mentioned are notorious for sending malware etc. this all slows down your PC. key loggers, browser jackers the whole nine yards.
My advice.
1. stop using explorer
2. Use pop up blocker, firewall, anti virus, spyware removal tool
3. Do not use browser add on( search bar etc)
4. increses windows defailt security level(to reduce no. of cookies)
5. Do not go any where near the illegal P2P sites or messenger, etc. You are inviting trouble into your PC.
Not meaning to preach but i have been there, they can and will steal your info. Remove it all from your PC

BaboonBoy22 18:11 24 Jan 06

I've used all 3 programs and am currently using Warez, as I was given the impression that it had less problems compared to the others. But I'm getting the general idea to just not use these programs at all.
I always run scans for spyware and viruses, I was just wondering if there was something I had over looked.
So I guess my next question is.. does anyone know of any descent sites for downloading music?

Totally-braindead 18:14 24 Jan 06

This site was recommended by someone on a thread about the subject click here he read about it in the Guardian or the Times, can't remember which.

Totally-braindead 18:21 24 Jan 06

Should have said something else, as a safety guard, whenever you download anything do not ever open it until you right click on it and scan it with your antivirus program, which you must keep up to date.
Mate got caught with that a few weeks ago, turned out he didn't realise his antivirus program could do that. Got hit with 11 viruses within seconds, by the time he'd called me, nearly 2 weeks later, it had replicated itself all through the system and he had well over 100 viruses on his computer. Had to blank it and reinstall windows so he lost everything he had on his computer as he never made any backups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…