Shared Printer

hgrock 21:42 03 Feb 04

i have 2 computers wired together via a router, they are not what you would call networked together they cannot see each other and files are not shared, only the broadband internet connection works well.
I would like to print from any of the PCs, but at the moment i can only do so from the pc that has the printer connected to it,
what is the easiest and cheapest solution or any solution for that matter.
thanks for any help

Diodorus Siculus 22:01 03 Feb 04

How are they networked? If you have a network crossover cable you can network them properly and then share the printer. It will depend on the OS.

vinnyo123 22:29 03 Feb 04

you probably have a router with a four port switch which is good .just add file and print sharing in network properties.Also run network wizard on both PC's(if you want to share files).Then on PC that does not have printer on it go to settings printers add new printer (printer on LAN) also you have to share the printer on main PC.(sharing)

post back.

vinnyo123 22:31 03 Feb 04

also this is assuming your using Windows.And does your printer have a NIC.

hgrock 11:04 04 Feb 04

i have a router with a four port switch at the mo i only share the internet connection, i have not networked the 2 pc there was no need , can i only network it to use the printer only

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…