shared folder - can't see my mp3's

Superstylin 11:42 06 Sep 05

hi, i've set up my wireless network to share my music folder but when accessing it on the client pc i can't see the mp3's. why?

Superstylin 13:47 06 Sep 05

bump?

flavas 15:03 06 Sep 05

How did you create the share on the folder?

scotty 15:42 06 Sep 05

If you copy other types of files into the folder are they visible on the client pc?

ACOLYTE 16:43 06 Sep 05

Have you tried putting the my music folder in the shared doc folder,or just making the folder a shared folder in the folder properties.

Superstylin 23:07 06 Sep 05

sorry about the delay in response

i right clicked the folder, selected properties, chose the sharing tab and clicked share this folder on the network.

Superstylin 23:13 06 Sep 05

yes scotty i can see other types of files but not the mp3's

Superstylin 01:03 07 Sep 05

if i make the file itself shared then i can see it on 'my network places' but as a stand alone item. what i want to see is all of my mp3 files in the music folder but it's just not happening!

Superstylin 01:16 07 Sep 05

me again....found that actually having the mp3's in the 'my music' folder means i can see them on the client pc. i originally had them on a custom folder. i have no idea why i can see them in one folder and not the other

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…