shared folder - can't see my mp3's

Superstylin 11:42 06 Sep 05

hi, i've set up my wireless network to share my music folder but when accessing it on the client pc i can't see the mp3's. why?

Superstylin 13:47 06 Sep 05

bump?

flavas 15:03 06 Sep 05

How did you create the share on the folder?

scotty 15:42 06 Sep 05

If you copy other types of files into the folder are they visible on the client pc?

ACOLYTE 16:43 06 Sep 05

Have you tried putting the my music folder in the shared doc folder,or just making the folder a shared folder in the folder properties.

Superstylin 23:07 06 Sep 05

sorry about the delay in response

i right clicked the folder, selected properties, chose the sharing tab and clicked share this folder on the network.

Superstylin 23:13 06 Sep 05

yes scotty i can see other types of files but not the mp3's

Superstylin 01:03 07 Sep 05

if i make the file itself shared then i can see it on 'my network places' but as a stand alone item. what i want to see is all of my mp3 files in the music folder but it's just not happening!

Superstylin 01:16 07 Sep 05

me again....found that actually having the mp3's in the 'my music' folder means i can see them on the client pc. i originally had them on a custom folder. i have no idea why i can see them in one folder and not the other

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…