Shared folder

seventiesdolly 20:37 25 Sep 05

I accidently deleted the default shared folder that's normally found alongside the 'my music' and 'my pictures' can I get it back?

stalion 20:46 25 Sep 05

scroll to the bottom of the page for the free version click here

stalion 20:56 25 Sep 05

or if you recently deleted it and you are on xp try system restore to a date prior to deleting the file

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 25 Sep 05

Is it still in the recycle bin?

Open recycle bin click on folder and select restore.

seventiesdolly 22:16 25 Sep 05

Thanks guys, but system restore didn't bring it back, there's nothing in the recycle bin, and I couldn't make head nor tail of the 'handy recovery' program!

stalion 22:40 25 Sep 05

handy recovery run the program, select your drive,press filter then analyse.After the program has finished running you need to search through the files it has found for the one that you want when you find it click on it and click on recover

seventiesdolly 23:09 25 Sep 05

Apologies for being super-dim, but did that and it came up with several things but I still couldn't see anything that said 'Shared Documents'....Would it be under something else/within another file?
Also, I was worried about clicking restore as I noticed it said something about permanent data loss? Don't want to screw anthing else up - i've only had this new pc a week!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…