Shared Files

borolee 12:07 28 Dec 05

I have setup a wireless network, and my other laptop can connect to the internet ok. However, the 2 machines cannot share files. Any ideas???

mgmcc 13:27 28 Dec 05

- Make sure that both computers are in the *SAME* Workgroup.

- At least one folder in each PC should be set as "shared", by right clicking and selecting the "Sharing & Security" option.

- Any firewall software needs to be configured to allow access to the networked computers, normally done by adding their IP addresses to the firewall's "trusted" area.

borolee 13:44 28 Dec 05

How do I change the firewall settings?? I hvae opened the firewall, but cannot find anway too type the IP address

borolee 14:31 28 Dec 05

Both laptops are in the same workgroup, and have shared folders set up. Why can they not see eachother in my network places????

BurrWalnut 15:11 28 Dec 05

It's strange but sometimes My Network Places doesn't appear. Go to it again and click View Network Computers in the left pane. Then right-click one of them and select Explore.

retep888 16:24 28 Dec 05

What firewall are you using?

borolee 17:07 28 Dec 05

i think it is just the stanad onw that is with sp2

retep888 17:11 28 Dec 05

Have you run the network setup wizard?

Remember to tick sharing file and printer.

borolee 17:15 28 Dec 05

yes i have. have shared folders set-up on all the pcs as well, but still cant see anything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…