shared broadband, outlook express problem, help pl

rambus 20:34 02 Dec 03

i have two pc`s one for me and one for my son, we share broadband connection thru a router. we are not networked, both machine`s operate independently of each other.
the problem is how do i configure outlook express on his machine so that he collects and recieve`s only his mail. the isp is set up in my name, ie,
[email protected] and his address is [email protected] if both address are setup on my machine we can send and recieve ok, but if i take him off and install his address on his machine, he gets error messages and outlook express wont work.
hope this makes sense. any help would be very welcome. thanks.

3aspect 22:37 02 Dec 03
  3aspect 22:39 02 Dec 03

Misread your problem so ignore the sharing connection bit,but the above info still applies.

rambus 09:38 03 Dec 03

thanks for your reply to my problem, but i am using the same user name, only the recipient is differant eg, dad or son.

lilliebet 09:58 03 Dec 03

If it is, check out Selfcare for instructions on how to set up separate mailboxes.

rambus 10:05 03 Dec 03

lilliebet,thanks for reply, i am using ntl.

3aspect 12:47 03 Dec 03

click here

Had a look at ntl's web site and it is very similar to telewest ,who I am with.have a look at the attached link which may help you out.

rambus 13:09 03 Dec 03

thanks 3aspect, i am going to have another go thru the link you sent, i will close this thread, but will come back if i dont resolve it. thanks again

rambus 16:45 03 Dec 03

for anyone who might experience the same problem, i overcame the problem by using upper case when setting pop. and smtp protocols, dont understand that it should make a difference but it did. both systems now working just great.
so if anyone else is considering routing two or more pc`s its something to consider when configuring outlook express. rambus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…