Share-To-Web Upload Folder

Bun 17:36 14 Oct 05

Hi Guys
Running ME computer went t*ts up as it does when you are in a hurry and when I finally got it going again there was this Share-To-Web Upload Folder that appeared as an icon on my desktop. I cannot remove it. It will not be deleted by the usual methods. Cannot find it in start menu at all. Is it indestructable like Superman?

bremner 17:44 14 Oct 05

Have you got some software for connecting a digital camera.

A folder like this is added with HP's software to enable uploading to a web site.

SANTOS7 17:49 14 Oct 05

if you access Properties (R click the icon) and then Setup, you can remove the icon. You must pick one service for upload default, but don't have to register for it. The next screen has an option to display the icon or not. Good luck!

Bun 18:07 14 Oct 05

Hi Bremner
I have got a digital camera it's a Nikon but I never noticed this before. I did have a HP Photo Printer at one time but still can't remember this icon.
Santos7
I have tried that but it just says
"The properties for this item is not available." They can't even use correct grammar which annoys me even more. Somebody must have the Kryptonite!!
Thanks for trying greatly appreciated.

VoG II 18:20 14 Oct 05

Try Remove on Reboot click here

SANTOS7 18:54 14 Oct 05

this task does not get installed if you install the printer via the “Add Printer” method and use the folder Disk2 on the installation CD (or the second floppy disk if you have installation floppy disks)
click here
text taken from link..

SANTOS7 18:56 14 Oct 05

Should have said uninstall anything to do with HP that is related to "Share-To-Web" and try a reinstall as per above..

Bun 14:11 15 Oct 05

Vog tried idea no good. Santos7 Sorry maybe I didn't make myself clear I no longer have the HP printer. Thanks guys still waiting for that Kryptonite.

Dipso 23:22 15 Oct 05

Your solution may not have worked for Bun but it has certainly got rid of the icon for me! In my case it's connected to my HP scanner. Sorry Bun, no need for Kryptonite in my case, hope you get rid soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…