Share a printer with a PC, laptop and D-link NAS device

hilco3 15:50 PM 09 Dec 12

I have just installed a Dlink Share Centre and wish to share my printer over the network with my desktop and laptop however the NAS only supports basic printing not scanning or copying. Is there a method of connecting the printer (Epson DX8400) to the PC and NAS? I have tried a USB splitter cable but this did not work. Do I need a USB switch or is there a work around as I don't want to keep changing the USB plug from the PC to the NAS? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chronos the 2nd 10:30 AM 10 Dec 12

Is this what you have?

hilco3 15:35 PM 10 Dec 12

Hi cronos the 2nd Yes that is the one I have and the manual states that it only supports basic printing which is a bit of a dissapointment as this was not mentioned in the details of the device.

Chronos the 2nd 15:51 PM 10 Dec 12

I had a look at the manual and found it a tad complicated. But I understand what you mean there is very little on the printing side of things. Can you not do this wirelessly? Both my printers mono laser and Epson can be accessed from any and all my PC's without any problems.

hilco3 16:57 PM 10 Dec 12

No it is not a wireless printer and I have loads of cartridges for it so don't,t want to get a new one yet. Anyway wife just let me buy a Nexus 7 for Christmas' so that is something else to print from via the nas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November