Share Office 2003 over all Network Computers

synthasy 13:30 14 May 05

Hi All,

I've been searching for ages in these forums and Google with no luck.

I have a home network set up with my Main Unit and Laptop sharing files and internet via BBand Router with no problems. However i wonder if it is possible to share the programmes of any given computeron the network with the other. In this case i want to be able to use the Office 2003 Pro on my Laptop with my main machine, just as if it was installed on the main machine - create, edit and save etc.

Anyone know if this is possible ?

I dont really want to have to buy another copy of Office 2003 for use on my main machine.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
- Steve

VoG II 13:33 14 May 05

The Office license agreement allows you to install it on both a desktop and a laptop PC.

Giant68 13:33 14 May 05

I've got a feeling that the EULA allows you to install Office 2003 on your main PC and a mobile device, in this case your laptop.
I'm sure there is someone who can say for sure in this forum.

Giant68

synthasy 14:12 14 May 05

Oh, thats interesting,

I dont suppose anyone knows how i go about doing that. I did try and install the same Office 2003 on the main unit after having been installed and activated on the laptop, but when i came to activate it it, i got the message, that has already met the maximum activation amount - or something along those lines.

Thank
- Steve

Giant68 14:16 14 May 05

I think that you will have to use the phone to activate it, rather than over the net. Then you will have to speak to a customer advisor who should sort it out.

Giant68

synthasy 14:29 14 May 05

I just found out that i can only activate OEM software (which is what i have) once. Full Retail / Non OEM versions allow you to install and activate the software twice (on a PC and portable device as you rightly say Giant68) without , any further verifcations.

I better buy another copy of it... :(

Giant68 14:48 14 May 05

Bad luck, synthasy.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…