Share my Calender in Outlook

GedS 15:20 14 Mar 06

I cannot find the link that says Share my Calender in my Outlook Navigation pane. Therefore I cannot give permissions to colleagues on networkto share calender.

There is an Open a shared calander prompt and I can open their but I cannot give permission for access to mine.

johnnyrocker 15:28 14 Mar 06

from memory it is tied in with address book?

johnny.

anskyber 15:47 14 Mar 06

Click Add.
In the Add Users dialog box, in the Type Name or Select from List box, enter the name of the person whom you want to grant sharing permissions to.
Under Add Users, click Add, and then click OK.
In the Name box, click the name of the person you just added.
Under Permissions, in the Permission Level list, click the permission level that you want.

Jackcoms 15:52 14 Mar 06

Thanks for that.

But, I think you'll find that GedS says s/he can't find "Share my calendar".

anskyber 15:53 14 Mar 06

Oops yes sorry

anskyber 15:55 14 Mar 06

Here is a training programme! click here

anskyber 15:57 14 Mar 06

Looks like this is the reason! Share My Calendar does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account. What is an Exchange Server account? Also, if you have the Navigation Pane turned off or covered by the main Calendar window, you won't see it. Hide or show the Navigation Pane.
Thats from the MS site.

GedS 15:58 14 Mar 06

The problem is exactly as Jackcoms says. Ican't find Share my calender.

anskyber 16:16 14 Mar 06

Yes, and you will not be able to without an Exchange e-mail account. I cannot find any freeware which will do it for you but there are MS recommended options which may be bought.

GedS 16:17 14 Mar 06

We have an exhange account. My computer is connected. All other PC's linked to the same. Only mine has Share my Computer missing.

anskyber 16:17 14 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced