Share Internet Connection - Win 98SE

Colonelkaye 20:36 30 Jul 03

Can someone please point me in the right direction! I have installed a network card on both PC's running Win98SE and after checking the Network Neighbourhood, both PC's are showing fine. All cables are joined correctly as I can view the contents of the hard drive from the main to the second.
However, I want to set up the PC's so that both can dial up seperatley (when only 1 on-line of course) or access the internet if the other PC is already on-line. My friend has two PC's running XP and he just clicks on explorer if the other PC is already online - Is this possible in Win98SE or can both PC's not access at the same time via dial up or shared? Confused? I bloody am!!

howard60 21:02 30 Jul 03

if you have a peer to peer network ie using a crossover cable then the host pc must be on and connected for the 2nd. pc to go online. If you have a router and ordinary cables you can have the internet connection direct to the router and then both of the pcs can initiate and use the net as and when they want to. I am assuming you have 1 modem/ broadband connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…