Share a File

phildux 17:16 15 Sep 05

can somebody please give me an idiots guide to the following. i am wanting to share a file accross our office network system, is there an easy way or is it to difficult for a beginer

handful 17:23 15 Sep 05

It should be just a case of copying and pasting the file from your C Drive on to the 'shared' hard drive or network drive.

SANTOS7 17:24 15 Sep 05

Allow file sharing
You can elect which files or folders to share on each computer, but only the individual user who has administrative privileges can apply the settings. To check who has these privileges, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts. If you're the only user, then you're the Administrator.

To share a specific folder, right-click its icon in My Computer and select Sharing And Security. Click the Sharing tab and select Share This Folder. After you give the folder a name, all the computers in your workgroup can see its contents.

By default, users will have read-only access to these files and won't be able to save any changes or create new files of their own. To let users make changes to the files, right-click a file, select Sharing And Security, then the Sharing tab, and this time hit Permissions. In the new window, check Full Control, Change, or Read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…