Shall I change to Firefox 7?

Muergo 16:12 28 Sep 11

Just had notice that Firefox7 is now out full program no Beta or RC

Any feedback on it? what improvements, do all add ons etc work?

birdface 16:51 28 Sep 11

I am using it just now but have not noticed any changes ,But then again I have not been looking for any.

It seems a bit quicker than version 6.

cocteau48 19:28 28 Sep 11

Been trialing FF7 since the first beta release with no problems whatsoever.

So far as your add-ons are concerned its a question of suck-it and see : certainly all mine work fine but it obviously depends on what you've got installed.

Muergo 20:16 28 Sep 11

O.K. Thanks very much will go ahead.

As long as I can get Samfind and NoSquint I'll be happy

playmofire 17:39 01 Oct 11

I'm using Firefox 7 and it seems to have been designed by someone who's never used a web browser before. Your tabs, the things you are most likely to want to access in a session I would have thought, are now right at the top of the screen, more or less out of your usual line of vision. Bookmarks are tucked at the top right edge of the screen, equally out of your normal line of vision. I haven't yet discovered the icon to refresh the page! When you click on a link, the options of Open in a new window and Open in a new tab have now been reversed so that opening in a new tab is the first one, which is very confusing so why was it changed. It seems at least as slow and memory hungry as v 6. I'm now giving at using Google Chrome a try.

playmofire 17:42 01 Oct 11

I'm using Firefox 7 and it seems to have been designed by someone who's never used a web browser before. Your tabs, the things you are most likely to want to access in a session I would have thought, are now right at the top of the screen, more or less out of your usual line of vision. Bookmarks are tucked at the top right edge of the screen, equally out of your normal line of vision. I haven't yet discovered the icon to refresh the page! When you click on a link, the options of Open in a new window and Open in a new tab have now been reversed so that opening in a new tab is the first one, which is very confusing so why was it changed. It seems at least as slow and memory hungry as v 6. I'm now giving at using Google Chrome a try.

Woolwell 18:40 01 Oct 11

playmofire - as far as I can see there is no visual difference between Firefox 6 and 7 or for that matter 5. You may not have your menu bar visible and the refresh is at the end of the address. F5 works for refresh too. You may want to change the appearance of the icons so that you have text too - right click on the tab line (not on a tab) and select customise and then bottom left under show you can have icons with text. Also under customise you can drag and drop your bookmark icon where you want - left or right.

Muergo -sorry to hijack your thread.

cocteau48 19:20 01 Oct 11

playmofire

....once you have found your refresh button - open the customize feature as described by Woolwell,and drag the refresh button wherever you want it.

Also under view/toolbars you can move your tabs down to below your navigation bar - just untick the "tabs on top" item.

playmofire 19:55 01 Oct 11

Thank you Woolwell and cocteau48 for the advice. I went from v3.6 to v7 and the defaults for the former, e.g. tabs not on top, were just what I wanted. Now I've started making the changes you suggest, it's getting better to work with. However, if the original layout was the default, I still think it is not the best layout with tabs on top.

birdface 06:44 03 Oct 11

If you updated to Version 7 There is another update today for version 7.0.1

Muergo 15:56 05 Oct 11

I can't see much difference, immediately it updated to 7.0.1 all add ons etc moved over automatically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos