Shakespeare and my postings.

spikeychris 15:48 23 Nov 03

Lord Acton, Joseph Addison, Jane Austen, Francis Bacon, Margaret Fairless Barber, Sir Max Beerbohm, Aphra Behn, Hilaire Belloc, Arnold Bennett, Jeremy Bentham, William Blake, Henry St. John Bolingbroke, Viscount, George Borrow, Mary Elizabeth Braddon, F. H. Bradley, Nicholas Breton, Vera Brittain, Anne Brontë, Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, Sir Thomas Browne, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Edward Bulwer-Lytton, John Bunyan, Anthony Burgess, Henry J. Byron, Lord Byron, Lewis Carroll, Agatha Christie, Sir Winston Churchill, Noël Coward, Charles Dickens,

All top notch authors. Would they put up with being edited? NO. Two years of my life's research and verging on insanity have been viscously cut from the archives never to be appreciated by the children of tomorrow.

Surely there has been a mistake, no one could be so savage! and brutal this is heritage, history, our children's children will curse the day....

PS don't care really, bin 'em

:o)

Chris

Taran 15:50 23 Nov 03

Lie down before you hurt yourself Chris.

Give your head a shake.

Too much of the old liquid lunch leads to this kind of despair.

Or so I've heard.

ahem...

;o)

leo49 15:55 23 Nov 03

The wheels on the bus go round and round.......

cable-ties 16:03 23 Nov 03

not when they is flat they dont. then they go
"flubbadadubba"

spoon jar

Forum Editor 16:25 23 Nov 03

and one that we didn't take lightly, but after much soul-searching and many committee meetings we came to the conclusion that future generations will somehow have to manage without the benefit of your pearls of digital wisdom, Chris.

Actually, it took us about ten seconds to decide that the archive was too big, and was slowing performance, so out came the old hand-tooled, beautifully engraved, Toledo steel deleting mouse.

The deleted content isn't gone forever - it's stored in the PCA vault, and could be resurrected if it's ever needed.

spikeychris 16:45 23 Nov 03

Your a hard man Peter. I think we can get to attached to inanimate objects, like teachers of old with their trusty canes, have you named it? Taran my liquid lunch consists of Lemsip I'm afraid.

powerless 17:19 23 Nov 03

Might have told us, then we could have gone back and done a copy and paste job.

Gongoozler 17:33 23 Nov 03

Don't worry, in 10 years time they will all reappear on a PCA cover disk, The Best Of - spikeychris.

Powerless - copy and paste? A breach of copyright?

powerless 17:36 23 Nov 03

For this site G man.

So don't keep typing the same old :-)

AubreyS 17:38 23 Nov 03

All the postings about probs with 3.1. All gone!! Aaargh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…