Shadows on Samsung 204B monitor

Sapins 09:37 30 May 09

There is a Black shadow down the left hand side of the monitor fading into the screen after about 10cm. All other lines in all windows e.g. Outlook Express, all web sites and icons on the desktop have these shadows. There are also faint white lines scrolling up the screen. I have just replaced the graphics card because of a display problem, background colour kept changing to Yellow. The problem with the shadows was intermittently present before the new card and it is now present in all windows including the log on and welcome screens where there is a small white "cloud" in the top left hand corner as well as the shadow down the screen.

I am using XP SP3.

Technotiger 09:39 30 May 09

Can you try another monitor to see if the fault is still there?

Sapins 09:51 30 May 09

I don't have another monitor.

Technotiger 09:56 30 May 09

Or any possibility of trying the monitor on a friends PC?

Failing which, I would take the monitor into your nearest PC shop and ask if they could test it.

Sapins 09:59 30 May 09

may be possible to take it to a friend.

I am trying to put a Gadwin screenshot in my post to show the problem, no luck up to now!

Sapins 10:04 30 May 09

click here

Hope this works!

Technotiger 10:07 30 May 09

I assume you have already tried all the settings in Magic-tune?

I use click here (scroll down to FastStone Capture (Free) to make my screenshots and

click here to show them in the forum, simply drag and drop into this Message box.

Technotiger 10:08 30 May 09

Your link did not work ....

Technotiger 10:11 30 May 09
  Sapins 10:21 30 May 09

I have just switched off and re-inserted the cable from the monitor and pushed in the graphics card, switched back on and everything is OK!!

Many thanks for your help Technotiger, your link to posting screen shots will come in handy as well,

Regards,

Sapins.

Technotiger 12:33 30 May 09

Oh right, glad all is ok now - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now